Medical Baseline Portable Battery Program
Power outages caused by extreme weather events and ongoing grid improvements can be life-threatening for those customers that rely on power to operate life-sustaining medical devices.
You may be eligible to receive a backup portable battery at no cost.
Your not-for-profit community electricity provider, Silicon Valley Clean Energy, is teaming up with the Silicon Valley Independent Living Center, your local non-profit disability justice organization, to provide eligible residents a free Goal Zero Yeti 3,000X portable battery to use during power outages.
Goal Zero Yeti 3,000X Portable Battery
Can provide backup power to operate devices such as:
- Refrigerator to properly store medication
- Ventilators for respiratory support
- Mobility aids
We have created some online resources to help you learn about your opportunities to become energy resilient.
- The Battery Storage Assistant can also help find a battery that is right for you and get quotes from local installers.
- The Silicon Valley Independent Living Center provides emergency services in case of power outages.
- PG&E provides a portable battery program administered through Central Coast Energy Services to help reduce the impact of safety power outages on medical baseline customers in Sant Clara County.